If you’re like most Nebraskans, you’re bursting with pride for the Cornhusker state. You want everyone to know why Nebraska is special, and you’re always interested in learning fun facts about its history. We’re certainly proud to be living here in the Good Life State. While Nebraska is perhaps best known for the Huskers, its beef, and agricultural products, there are a number of notable products that were invented right here in Nebraska!
Notable Nebraska Products
- Pink Hair Curlers created by Omaha's Tip Top Products
- Butter Brickle Ice Cream
- Reuben Sandwich crated at the Blackstone Hotel
- Duncan Hines
- Center Pivot Irrigation
- The Safer Barriers
- Raisin Bran was developed by Omaha's Skinner Macaroni Co.
- The first ski lift in the U.S., by Omaha's Union Pacific Corp in 1936
- Top 40 Radio by Storz Broadcasting
- TV Dinner developed by Omaha's Carl Swanson of the Swanson Corporation
- Kool-Aid was created in Hastings, Nebraska
- Cliffs Notes
- 911 Emergency System was invented in Lincoln, Nebraska
- Eskimo Pies were created by Russell Stover who lived in Nebraska
- Vise Grips were invented in DeWitt, Nebraska
- Dorothy Lynch Salad Dressing
- The McRib
From safety technologies to delicious and iconic food, you can’t deny that Nebraska inventors have made a positive impact on our country. Do you have a favorite product from Nebraska?