At some point in their lives, most people will have to dive into the world of real estate. Whether they're moving out of the family home, scaling down, upgrading, starting a family, or following a job across the country, most people are going to have to pick up and move eventually, possibly more than once.
It can be a time-consuming and challenging process, whether because of costs or lack of options, and no one wants to have to go it alone. Having the best, most knowledgeable people on hand to keep the ball rolling is the best-case scenario for anyone. Luckily, there are leaders within the real estate industry who are inspiring and helping others to become experts in real estate.
Jessica Sawyer, a veteran agent with Nebraska Realty, is helping shape realtors, communities, and organizations. Jessica got her first taste of real estate while working as a Mortgage Representative at First National Bank. Sawyer quickly parlayed that experience into a successful career as a REALTOR® where she gained inspiration through the years from other leaders in the industry. Years later, invests much of her free time listening to podcasts, audiobooks, and attending industry and leadership conferences.
Sawyer often uses team building to enhance the relationships between team members and help them collaborate in the most effective way possible. Leaders play a key role in bringing them together as a cohesive team.
Through the years, Sawyer has served in a vast array of leadership positions including:
- Women's Council of REALTORS®, past Regional Vice President,
- Omaha Area Board of REALTORS®, past Regional Governor, and local President and Local Young Professionals Chair
Sawyer's current leadership roles include:
- Nebraska Representative for the REALTOR® Political Action Committee (RPAC)
- Omaha Board of REALTORS® Director,
- Nebraska REALTORS® Association Director for Omaha Region
- Active on our Local and State Governmental Affairs Committee
- RPAC Fundraising Committee Member
- Chair of the Nebraska REALTORS® Strategic Planning Committee